Monday, September 16, 2013

Robot Chicken-like Operas!

     I just recently watched a stop motion video on the Opera, Madama Butterfly, which has been recreated by Pjotr Sapegin. Now I haven't actually seen the Opera but I'm pretty sure this was loosely based on it, but the animation was really good! Of course it was a little odd throughout with many strange ways of acting out scenes such as when the girl has her daughter which she cracks her.... er.... glass stomach open and a.... fish comes out and immediately transforms into like a 3 year old girl... yeah that's what were dealing with here. Also at the end when the Lieutenant returns with his new family at the end and takes the daughter, watching the lady tear herself into pieces literally was a great way to show how she is feeling on the inside. It's definitely a trippy video, but I enjoyed it because I am a real sucker for stop motion videos!

Here's a link to the video and also along with it is my favorite stop motion video of all time! Definitely worth a look because it has such a powerful message and it's flat out adorable.



No comments:

Post a Comment