Sunday, September 29, 2013

Clockwork Orange

     Clockwork Orange is a brilliant movie that at times, is very messed up but has that creative genius and smart storyline that keeps you wanting more. A scene in particular, the rape scene used Gene Kelly's "Singing In The Rain" which adds to the demonic acts happening. Now I don't have the right answer to this but I definitely found irony in the scene. Whenever I think of this song, I don't think of that jolly ol' man running around in the rain, I think of Alex raping this woman. This song was completely used out of context and gives me a bad vibe every time I hear it just like how Alex can't listen to Beethoven anymore because the way it was used with violence, such as scenes with Hitler and murder and such. I feel as if the director wanted to use the song in it's wrong context to give the audience the same feeling Alex suffered through during his treatment. It definitely makes the scene that much more gruesome and one that will leave a mark in your brain forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment