Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Modern Saints

     Our class took a trip to the HCC Art Gallery to come check out Santiago's solo exhibition. He had a piece that was called Modern Saints which was a series of photographs of faces of people with the experiences they have faced in their past. He called these kids saints who were facing demons. It was a very interesting piece especially with the meaning behind it. I thought it was cool how he was able to project the experiences they faced right on to them. It was actually very eerie in a way but made me intrigued to find out more. I really wish their was descriptions of what each faced because the photographs interested me to know more which is a really good thing being able to captivate an audience like that. I think Santiago was very successful in not only this piece, but the rest of the ones in the show as well. I was a real fan of his pirates work as well, taking all of the faces of people arrested in the tampa bay area to form a grid art piece of the Buccaneers logo. I can't wait to see more from him in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment