Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Performance Art

     I gotta say the hardest part about this assignment was coming up with an idea. I always want to do something that has a message and it almost took me forever to come up with one! Thankfully this idea came to me! Throughout the performance I put a piece of paper over my mouth and didn't speak while interacting with the people. I had to try and ask a question or a request solely on hand motions and head nods. I wasn't trying so much to make a message but to experience something I've never experienced. Many people that live in America can't even speak English and struggle with communicating everyday. Instead of going to another country and trying to communicate with their citizens, I did it here without saying a word. It was pretty fun and I actually didn't expect the ones at the field to answer those questions due to a hard time trying to explain what I wanted. Ordering at Salsa Rico was hilarious mostly because they thought I was the strangest thing. Many people not even involved in the questions and such also threw in comments or just laughed at my actions. Some comments were just down right mean but others were pretty funny! Overall I had fun with the performance piece!




No comments:

Post a Comment