Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Brion Gysin

     Brion Gysin is a painter that has work that I can say I've never seen anything like it! He created calligraphic works that mashed words together where you had to really look to see the message he was saying. Simple pieces with yet a lot of meaning behind them that inspired me. He also created the dream machine that had flickering art work inside that put you into a trance, like a sober trip. It is an invention that many of us have seen before remade and you may not even realize it. It's a cool idea that definitely gives me a better appreciation. His work, yet simple, really inspires me to try more calligraph pieces. I have done them before but I think after seeing his work I would like to do some with some meaning behind them! Here are a few examples of my favorite works from him.



No comments:

Post a Comment